…Please probe the Agency now
The four labour unions in NAN met to review the tenure of our outgoing MD, came out with an assessment and resolved that Mr Bayo Onanuga is incompetent in managing the affairs of the agency in the last three years. He is the worst and most corrupt manager in the history of the agency.
The unions noted with regrets massive diversion of government revenue that is being siphoned through the NAN Bizcom which had a separate account aside the approved TSA, and converted to personal use by the MD and his cronies.
We are therefore calling on the ICPC and EFCC to swing into action and probe all the transactions of NAN Bizcom account in the last three years.
See below some of the illegal transactions and maladministration committed by Mr Onanuga:
1. Illegal payment of his SA, Mr Mohammed Momoh, who is a retired officer, through the IPPIS.
2. Diversion of some revenue to NAN Bizcom account instead of TSA and thereafter converted same to personal use.
3. Selling of official vehicles to himself and loyal management staff through a dubious auction process that grossly violated FGN Financial Rules.
4. Using consultants to intimidate any officer perceived to be against his policy through promotion Exam
5. Inability to provide or pay rents of several state offices, including Port Harcourt Zonal Office, Lafia, Yenagoa, Birnin Kebbi and Jalingo, despite the revenue of more than Four Hundred Million Naira (N400m) IGR accrued to the Agency and the Three Hundred and Twenty-One Million Naira (N321M) bail out approved and released to the Agency by President Muhammadu Buhari.
6. Unilateral dismissal of staff and suspensions without salary contrary to civil service rules and regulations.
7.We challenge ICPC & EFCC to probe the two NAN Bizcom Accounts used in diverting government revenue: 1 Access Bank 0016628258 and Zenith Bank Account 1012782058.
8. Embezzlement: NAN was supposed to celebrate its 40th anniversary in October 2018, corporate organisations like NNPC and Dangote Company among others donated monies to the Agency for the celebration. Onanuga sacked the committee and its Chairman and failed to account for the millions raised by the committee.
9. NAN slammed with N500m law suit as a result of libellous report he published as NAN MD against the former NEMA boss, whereas he has sacked two reports for filing fake reports without following due process. The case is also in court.
While thanking Mr President for his support to the Agency in the last four years, we wish to state that, we will not hesitate to shut down the activities in the Agency nationwide through massive “PROTEST’’ should Bayo Onanuga be re-appointed.